At Scaleworx, we are embracing a remote-friendly work culture where everyone has the flexibility to either work remotely or from our office in Pune.
Join us and work from wherever you feel most productive!
- Design, create, own, and maintain systems and service deployments in multi-cloud and container architecture (AWS, Google Cloud, Kubernetes)
- Continuously improve CI/CD & infrastructure for better reliability, observability, performance & scalability.
- Contributing to important architectural and operational decisions like micro-services vs. monoliths, deployment techniques, technologies, policies, etc. Work closely with CTOs, engineering leaders and architects.
- Develop products in the cloud-native ecosystem. Or architect and develop tools to help adoption of cloud native technology.
- Leading incident response and postmortems
- Mentor team members and review their work.
Technologies You Will Use
- AWS, GCP
- Docker, Kubernetes, EKS/GKE/OpenShift, Serverless
- Golang, Ruby, Python, Bash
- Ansible, Helm, Chef or Puppet
- Terraform, Vault
- PostgreSQL, Redis, MongoDB, Cassandra, Kafka,
- CircleCI, Jenkins, GitHub Actions
- Spark, Redshift, ElasticSearch (ELK stack)
- Datadog, New Relic, Prometheus
- Various other Cloud Native technologies
Desired Skills & Experience
- 4 - 8 years’ experience in a DevOps and/or software engineering role
- Hands-on scripting and software development fluency in any programming language (Python, Go, Node, Ruby).
- Solid understanding & experience of setting up build & release processes (CI & CD expert)
- Experience working with modern DevOps tooling, understanding concepts/tooling such as Infrastructure as Code (Terraform), Docker Orchestration, service discovery, secrets management, etc.
- Proficient with Kubernetes concepts such as Pods, Services, Deployments, Stateful sets, volume claims, Helm Charts etc.
- Infrastructure automation experience with knowledge of at least a few of these tools: Chef, Puppet, Ansible, CloudFormation, Terraform, Packer
- Proficiency with one or more SQL and NoSQL databases such as MySQL, PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch or MongoDB.
- Understanding of micro-services architecture.
- Cloud-based networking experience (HaProxy, WAF, ELB, ALB, SSL, NAT, distributed multi-cloud VPC)
- You’re willing to learn various new technologies and concepts. The “cloud-native” field of software is evolving fast and you’ll need to quickly learn new technologies as required.
- Communication: You like discussing a plan upfront, welcome collaboration, and are an excellent verbal and written communicator.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
Bonus points if you have...
- AWS, GCP or Kubernetes certifications.
- Experience implementing good SRE & security(DevSecOps) practices
- Expertise running, managing and automating production Kubernetes environments in one or more cloud providers
- Experience contributing to open source projects or building tools/utilities
- We have an autonomous and empowered work culture encouraging individuals to take ownership and grow quickly.
- Flat hierarchy with fast decision making and a startup-oriented “get things done” culture.
- A strong, fun & positive environment with regular celebrations of our success. We pride ourselves in creating an inclusive, diverse & authentic environment.
We want to hire smart, curious and ambitious folks so please reach out even if you do not have all of the requisite experience. We are looking for engineers with the potential to grow!